Do you want to build a loyal and engaged online community?
Do you want to have raving fans who love who you are and what you do?
In this blog post, I will be sharing five things your followers want to see from your corner of the internet.
These five things are the perfect combination of both credibility and connection content.
1.) They want to see you win
– The people who love who you are and what you do, want to see you succeed. They want to see you have the small wins and the big wins. AND they want to share in your joy and accomplishment of those wins too! Include your social media followers into the goals you are working towards, the projects you are working on, the decisions you’re making (etc..) and let them in on the journey and the results.
2.) They want to see you fail
– Your raving fans want to see the hard things you experience, not just the good things. Honestly, by including them in your setbacks and mistakes, you will earn more of their trust and respect. They will feel more connected to you. Talk to your online friends about what you are learning from a setback, show them your emotions, admit when you are wrong and made a mistake.
3.) They want to see your professional life
– Your community is interested in what you do for work. They are interested in how you are serving. They are interested in what you are doing for your customers/clients. They are interested in your experience and expertise. Show them the professional side of you. Take a selfie while editing photos for your client. Film yourself packaging an order for a customer. Teach on a specific topic.
4.) They want to see your personal life
– Your people want to know about the business owner, not just the business. They want to know the who behind the what. You need to show your professional life to build your credibility, but you also need to showcase your personal life to build connection. Your personal life is your behind the scenes, off of work, weekend you. It’s your likes and dislikes. It’s your family and friends. It’s your opinions and perspectives. It’s the connection content.
5.) They want to see how you can help them
– Most people are going to stick around your corner of the internet because they are getting some type of value from it. They aren’t going to stay if there’s nothing in it for them. You’ll want to give your ideal clients/customers a reason to stay a raving fan whether that’s by educating, entertaining or empowering them. They want to see how you can help them with X. They are only going to follow people who make their life better. They are only going to follow the accounts that they find value in.
What do you like to see from your favorite mentors/influencers online?
When you think of what you like to see from your favorite business owners/content creators online and what makes you feel connected to them or motivated to buy from/work with them – you can use that as insight for your corner of the internet!
Producing Proud People,