Do you want to use the power of video to grow your business?
What a GREAT IDEA!
Video is a valuable asset for getting ideal customers & clients to know, like & trust you.
In this blog post, you’ll find five helpful tips you can implement to improve your video content.
1.) Look at the camera
– This is not the time to be concerned with external distractions! Your focus needs to be on the content you are creating. Imagine your ideal customer or client is standing in front of you. This is the two of you having a conversation about your chosen topic. Don’t be looking down at your shoes! Make eye contact & share your magic.
2.) Use the light
– It’s true, people like to look at pretty things! You will increase video views if the quality of your content is clear, bright, happy & inviting! If your setup looks like a dark dungeon, who do you think will stay & be inspired or educated from that kind of classroom? Find a space where the natural light is coming in through the window. You want to be facing that natural light, looking into the camera lens. Turn on the light in the room that you’re filming in. You could also invest in a ring light.
3.) Check your audio
– Turn your volume up & most importantly, speak with clarity & confidence! Do not downplay your knowledge, whisper your opinions or talk with your head tucked like a sad puppy. People need to hear what you have to say! Depending on your style of video, it might be a good idea to invest in a lapel mic. These are small microphones & clip onto your clothing & allow you to record your content hands free. If you will be close enough to your camera, it may not be necessary, but if it’s a distance shot it could be beneficial.
4.) Speak on your expertise
– Don’t pretend that you are someone that you aren’t! If you are a fitness coach, you probably don’t need to talk about taxes. If you’re a baker, you probably don’t need to talk about social media. Be confident in who you are & what you do. Speak on topics relevant to your business & the ideal customers or clients you are working to attract.
5.) Hook them in
– This is an area I am working to improve with my video content. With people’s attention span being short & consistent distractions coming up, we have to make an intentional effort to tell our viewers why they should continue watching our content. What is in it for them? Let’s cut the greetings & introductions down & focus more on sharing the subject to inspire or educate our audience.
Go film a video using these five helpful tips!