Year 2020 is right around the corner! We are about five months away from a brand new personal & professional year!
The World Economic Forum published an article sharing the differences in skill set that is required between someone in business in the year 2015 compared to future year 2020.
As industries grow, change and evolve – so should our skills & businesses as entrepreneurs!
In this blog post, I am going to share the list of 10 skills from the article published by The World Economic Forum.
Skill #1: Complex Problem Solving
– Are you able to effectively deliver solutions to complicated problems that could arise in your business?
Skill #2: Critical Thinking
– Instead of a temporary plan, could you set yourself & your business up for long term success with a strategy created with critical thinking?
Skill #3: Creativity
– How is your content, products or services going to stand out in the marketplace?
Skill #4: People Management
– When it’s time to hire a team, are you ready to be a leader?
Skill #5: Coordinating With Others
– Can you assign & create tasks for your team & also properly communicate your thoughts to others?
Skill #6: Emotional Intelligence
– Business is stressful! Can you handle the difficulties & keep your emotions in check?
Skill #7: Judgement & Decision Making
– Is logic or emotion influencing your actions? Can you make the necessary calls & be confident in it?
Skill #8: Service Orientation
– Where’s your heart? What’s your why?
Skill #9: Negotiation
– Could you make a deal? Pitch an idea?
Skill #10: Cognitive Function
– How well do you work when the stakes are high?
Of the skills on this list, which one do you need to improve upon before the new year? Drop a comment below!
Be sure to share this blog post on social media if you found it helpful!