I think the two best assets for building a strong know, like & trust factor online is LIVE streaming & Instagram stories.
Think of Instagram Stories as a behind the scenes look into both your personal & professional life.
There are approximately 500 million people who utilize IG story content everyday!
With stories, people can connect with you on a more personal level as you show them your life, but you can also use it to build your credibility while showcasing your specific expertise.
In this blog post, you’ll find five ideas of what you can post on your Instagram Stories, starting today!
1.) Show your personal life
– You can’t be all business, suit & tie mentality to build a brand in 2020. Your people want to feel connected to who you are after your work hours are over. I have a set of four topics (that I call my “content compass”) and these are what I talk about the most to connect with the people I would want to buy from or work with me the most.
Show what you & your family are doing over the weekend. Show what you ordered at a restaurant. Show what you’re reading. Show a sweaty selfie after your gym workout or what your morning/evening routine is like.
2.) Learn about your people
– Instagram stories has features (you can find these in the top right corner when you pull up the story tab) like polls, quizzes and Q&A boxes that you can post for your followers to engage with!
For example, let’s say you’re a Real Estate Agent. You could post a poll & ask…
“Would you prefer a small house with lots of land or a big house with no land?”
That gets your ideal person engaging with your content & you learn about them too!
3.) Show your professional life
– What are you wearing to work today? What projects are you working on and could you show a preview? What’s it like behind the scenes filming videos and creating content? What’s it like where you store the products you sell? What’s it like to be your client? Show your people what you do!
4.) Educate your people
– You can do mini video trainings on IG stories! Personally, I get more people to watch the videos I film & post on stories than I do on my IGTV or feed. You can pick a topic for the day to teach to your followers! If you’re in Real Estate, you could talk about
5.) Promote all the things
– You can share your feed posts & videos to your IG stories for higher engagement rates. You can promote your product or service. You can share your other online content, like a freebie you created or blog post you wrote & where your people can find it.
Do you already use & love Instagram stories?
Are you hoping to get better at using this powerful marketing tool?
What else do you want to know about Instagram stories? Let me know in the comments below!