It’s not really a question if your business needs to be on social media in 2020. It should be a given!
I mean, do you want to build awareness, credibility and increase revenue? I would certainly hope so and social media can help you accomplish each of those goals.
In this blog post, I am going to share with you how you can write the best social media captions for your business.
Business branding, writing captions, taking photo and creating designs is all becoming an art! You have to know how to do it well! The better you are, the higher your chances are of building a successful online business.
Let’s see how we can improve our social media captions…
1.) Know who you’re talking to
– Social media can seem all about the photographs & designs, but you have to get a voice to the visual! You want to build the know, like & trust factor with your audience. Share your message with them! With each post, think about your community. The clients who work with you, the customers who’ve bought from you.
Les Brown has said, “never let what you want to say, get in the way of what your audience needs to hear.”
What message does your ideal customer or client need to hear today? How can you best show up & serve them?
2.) Put the most important or compelling words first
– 2,200 words is the max for an IG caption. After the first three sentences of a caption, your people will need to hit the “more” button to continue reading your content. How can you make them want to read more? How can you keep them engaged with the content that you are producing?
You might have noticed that “micro-blogging” has become extremely popular on social media, especially IG. This is where you write several different paragraphs for one social media caption and you’re sharing advice, telling a story, sharing a perspective or teaching something valuable.
You could start off a caption with…
“3 ways to stop your back pain..”
“How you can be a better leader…”
“Want to know my secret to success?…”
These compelling words will hopefully make your ideal customer/client click “more” & read your content!
3.) Use a call-to-action
– After you’ve given your audience value, you can ask for something back. What were you trying to accomplish with your social media post in the first place? Did you want somebody to book you for a call? Do you want them to go read your blog or watch a video you made? Encourage your audience to do something after reading your content!
“Click the link in my bio to watch my new training video.”
“Sign up through the link in my bio”
“Learn the other tips on my blog. Link in bio.”
“Comment below what you learned from this”
“Tag two friends below”
4.) Use “IG Line Break”
– If you’re going to write a lengthy caption to tell a story, teach something or share a perspective – aka “micro-blog,” you’ll want to break up your caption into different sections. This makes it 80x easier for somebody to read & follow along with! If your captions looks to “length” like it’ll take to long to read, people will scroll on by.
I like to use this software (it’s free!) to break up my paragraphs and have it neatly written & ready to paste as a social media caption.
5.) Include relevant hashtags
– You can use up to 30 different hashtags on Instagram. I like to use as many as possible because of how valuable they are! Make sure that you use ones that are relevant to the content you posted or who you are & what you do.
For example, if you’re a real estate agent try using…
#realestate #realestateagent #realtor #agent #homes #selling #sold #families #moving #movingday
I hope this post is extremely helpful when it comes to building a business that you love!